Officers & Directors
Four Avenues of Service
Becoming A Member
The Rotary Club of Inverness is heavily involved with the young people in our community. We see our interactions with them as an opportunity to share our vocations and demonstrate opportunities for service.
Here is a summary of our vocational service activities during the club year.
- Interact – We work with the Interact students at Citrus High School, providing guidance and support as needed, involving them in our service projects and helping them with their own projects. The next step after high school graduation is for them to join the Rotoract club of young professionals in Citrus County.
- Job shadowing – Annually our members share a morning at work with high school students who are interested in members’ vocations, then we treat the students to a luncheon, hear their reactions to their experiences and tell them more about Rotary.
- Students of the Month – each month during the school year we honor a male and a female Student of the Month from Citrus High School and from Inverness Middle School. They attend a lunch meeting and make a short presentation to the members about themselves and their goals.
- Scholarships – The Rotary Club of Inverness awards scholarships to Citrus High School and Withlacoochee Technical Institute students each year, the number and amount dependent on our fundraising achievements.
- The Dictionary Project [Gailen Spinka / David Rom] – Our club contributes to the purchase of dictionaries for 3rd graders countywide [a 5-club project]. Be part of a distribution team visiting schools with the Interact students.